Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Poor Allan!

Cayden has gotten into the habit of waking up at 4:30am and seeming ready to start his day. Of course, neither Allan nor I are anywhere near ready to be up at that time! We've been alternating feeding times: I feed him and then the next time he's up Allan give him a bottle. So the nighttime routine has been to feed Cayden, bathe him, and put him to bed. Then Allan and I go to bed. Then a few hours later Cayden wakes up and it has just been that I either hear him first and go to him or Allan wakes me up to say Cayden is hungry. So I go to his room and it takes about 30-45 minutes to nurse Cayden, change his diaper, and rock him back to sleep. Then a few hours later he wakes up again hungry so Allan wakes up and goes to take care of him, then comes back to bed shortly before my alarm goes off. Allan usually has Cayden with him, saying that Cayden refused to go back to sleep by himself. They lay in our bed together while I get ready for work, then I get Cayden changed, fed, and dressed while Allan gets ready. It works out wonderfully for me...but not so great for tired Allan. I can't tell if it is that Cayden doesn't get sleepy from the bottle like he does breastfeeding or if it is that he's already learned that Daddy plays with him so he wakes up to play, or if he is just a super early riser. I guess we should try switching up the times so that Allan gets the middle of the night feeding time and I get the early morning one.

So on the positive side, Cayden LOVES his crib. He likes the mobile, he likes all the free space, he likes looking at his walls, and listening to music. He is sleeping so much better. And our monitor is so powerful that I can hear him breathing even better then when he was sleeping in the same room with us. I LOVE hearing him breathe. He hums a little as he exhales and then inhales with such a sweet sounding little baby breath. It is making me want to not work today and just cuddle up with him forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment