Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

2 Months Old!!!


Today Cayden is 2 months old! I'm actually writing this the 27th- something happened with our internet last night when I tried posting this. Luckily it saved the pictures. He had his 2 month appointment last week. I was nervous! With the problems we had with him gaining weight I had worries about if he'd gained enough (even though I can tell from looking at him and carrying him that he's gotten huge!) and of course Allan and I were both scared of the vaccines. First the nurse weighed and measured him. He weighed 10lbs 12oz (still less than Eddie was when he was born, I think!) ! So he's in the 30th percentile, just as he was when he was born. And the nurse measured him at 22.75 inches, which puts him in the 50th percentile, just like when he was born. I love that he has stayed at the same proportions. When the nurse left the room we measured him ourselves. He was moving so much on the table I think she just gave up and took a guess, but we could tell his back was curved when she took the measurements. We measured right at 24 inches. Two feet long doesn't sound like much, but looking at him he looks so big to us! She asked if he's holding his head up, if he can follow us with his eyes, and if he turns his head when he hears something. He is doing all those things, so he's meeting all the milestones! Of course, we think he's excelling at being a 2 month old. Then it was time for the vaccines. First he had to take one orally out of a syringe. He took it like a champ. Then she gave him a shot in the left thigh and his eyes got real big. Then she went for the right thigh. He face turned red and then purple, he stuck out his bottom lip, and let out two huge screams. And then he was over it! I picked him up and hugged him...but that was more to make me feel better since he obviously didn't need it. Then the doctor came in and checked him out and said he's doing great! But we already knew that. Below are some pictures we took last night.



P.S. he may not look like he loves me, but he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment