Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 29, 2009

New toys and a big mess!


Cayden goes to work with me every day. I love it! It has been working out really well too- hopefully my co-workers won't get sick of helping me with him! He is in my office with me all day until I have a client or a group and luckily the women I work with have all been willing to play with him until I'm done. It is actually easier than being at home with him because I have so much help. Until yesterday he had his carseat (which is super comfy and rocks), a bouncy seat, and a blanket. He seemed content, but I know it got boring for him. I found a jump rope in my office and tied it from my desk to a chair and hung toys from it, but I just thought he deserved better. So yesterday I bought a play mat that has two arches- one for toys that he can look at and play with and the other that has a ball for him to kick. It also has toys on the mat for tummy time. AND it folds into a tunnel for when he gets older. I also got him a mirror with more toys on it and it has speakers for his iPod. He had so much fun yesterday! Here are some pictures. Especially take note of the ones where his feet and the ball are blurry. He LOVEd kicking the ball.





This morning we had his third emergency where I was unprepared. Today definitely topped off the other two incidents by far. The other two times I just didn't have his diaper bag with me. Today I had the bag and plenty of diapers, but his mess went far beyond needing diapers. He needed new clothes and a bath. Over the weekend I took out all of the clothes in the bag because they were all NB clothes, but I never replaced them. On the way to work this morning I saw him making faces and knew what he was doing. I was happy that he wasn't crying about it like he usually does so I started cheering for him! Then he did start crying and I soon saw why. His doo doo was everywhere!!! All out of the sides of his diaper, all over his leg and foot, up his back, and about to smother the carseat. That was when I remembered taking out his clothes and not replacing them. Allan was saying, "Shame on you, Gwen! Shame!" and he had every right to. Oh, and I didn't have wipes either. So when we got to Coke we took off his clothes and used a beach towel to clean him up and then I put a diaper on him and hurried to Target. His clothes may have been salvageable, but I knew they would be stained unless I handwashed them first, which I'm just not ready to do quite yet. And even if I did wash them I would need baby detergent anyway, so I decided to just buy new clothes. Maybe NOW I'll learn to always be more prepared.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds gross! Thanks for sharing!! I love when you realize you were being good and cleaned out the diaper bag and left what you really need at home. I always for bibs! It is awful.

    ReplyDelete