Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our New Project

I (Gwen) decided in the middle of the night last night to create a website for Cayden. I'd been wanting to create one for several weeks, but was trying to find the "right" service to use. Last night while Cayden was up I needed something to do right then to help keep me up too. This seemed perfect! So the title of this entry is "Our New Project", but really it will be mine. Allan may add pictures or videos from time to time, but the writing will probably be all me. I will try to only write about things that people other than me might find interesting! Allan is much more entertaining...but I will do my best to keep the interest of our friends and family.

Cayden is 5 weeks old now. He surprises us every day with how much and how fast he is changing. He looks very long now because he is starting to stretch out more; his legs aren't curled up under him all the time like they were when he was born. He has discovered his hands. He sucks on them sometimes to sooth himself, he grabs things and holds on for a few seconds, he reaches for and hits things that are in front of him, and he sometimes holds his bottles and pacifier. Those things are probably accidental, but I tell myself that he can do those things so young because he is a genius. Allan spends time showing Cayden his hands and making them touch each other in front of his eyes. Cayden seems to enjoy that. It amazes me how many newborn toys and books we bought but he prefers things like looking at his hands and staring at new things and people.

October 1st we decided it was time to let him start sleeping in his crib. We noticed weeks ago that he seems to like his crib. We were putting him in it for naps and playtime and turned on his iPod and let him watch his mobile and noticed that he put himself to sleep. Usually we would have to wait until he was all the way asleep to put him to bed. I kept telling Allan that we were just getting lucky with the crib and I was using every excuse I could to keep him sleeping in our room. But then I had to admit that I needed Cayden next to me more than Cayden needed to be next to me. So now he is in his own room and everyone seems to be sleeping much better- including the dog and cats who are back in our room at night.

So here is a list of things that Cayden likes right now: Being held, looking at shadows and fans, Josie (the black and white cat), his hands, going for walks, riding in the car seat, baths, and his pacifier (unfortunately for us!).


Things Cayden doesn't like: Hiccups, having gas, being hungry, tummy time, poopy diapers, boogers in his nose, having boogers taken out of his nose, and water on his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment