Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 15, 2010

Rough Night...

     Warning: I'm not trying to be overly desrciptive or disgust anyone....if it happens, I'm sorry! Sunday night Allan and I were both horribly sick! I guess we both had the flu. We were eating dinner and Allan suddenly said he was done. He said he felt sick and had a headache and didn't want to look at food anymore. He took some Advil and spent the rest of the evening watching TV while I played with Cayden in another room. At 9pm it started. Allan's "sickness", as I'll call it, was violent and constant. I was feeding Cayden one last time before getting him ready for bed and noticed that I felt really really nauseous. I assumed that maybe I was kinda grossed out and ignored it. Cayden went to sleep with some difficulty, but finally fell asleep and I started getting myself ready for bed. I started feeling worse and was having flashbacks of morning sickness. Allan's sickness was still going strong, so I blamed that for my own ill feelings. At midnight it was on for me. Allan was STILL getting sick at that time and we were basically taking turns in the bathroom. We were sharing a bathroom to not wake Cayden up, so we were at times warning each other "I'm coming in!" as needed.
     Neither of us were really speaking other than giving those warnings, but I know we were both thinking, "If Cayden wakes up, we're screwed". We really would have been. I had a plan to call a friend to take care of Cayden if it were to happen, because I knew I wouldn't have been able to take care of him. It occurred to me that our closest friends live 30 minutes away and that it was the middle of the night, so my back up plan in case the call-a-friend plan didn't work out was to knock on a neighbor's door (which, I now realize wouldn't have worked out since they moved! We're obviously extremely unneighborly people!). Luckily, Cayden never woke up. He slept peacefully until 5:30am. By that time Allan was still not too good but was in better shape than I was, so he tended to Cayden and at 7:30 when Cayden woke up again I was somewhat able to take care of him.
     Allan and I stayed home Monday since we were both exhausted and having all sorts of body aches and chills and all that fun flu stuff, but we decided to take Cayden to school. He didn't need to be around us sick people and we wouldn't be able to play with him the way he wanted. So he went in to school and came home with a note saying he'd had a very happy day. He is SUCH a good baby!!! Not that he necessarily chose to sleep until 5:30am, but his doing so really saved all of us! AND the best part is that he never got sick himself! Someone said that we probably picked up daycare germs from him, but I am so very thankful that he never showed signs of illness. I love my little Cayden.

No comments:

Post a Comment